Perhaps I left it a bit too long to update again. I guess we need another catch up session.
So, in terms of raiding progress, Ragnaros went down shortly after Staghelm did; turns out he’s not too hard if you don’t stand in the fire. Much loot was had by all, and then we went off to hit the heroic modes…
…aaaand did a little less well. Co-ordination failed a bit there. Still,by the end of the patch we went 6/8 heroic, leaving Beth’tilac and Raggy himself to flounder around until we have the time to come back and give them a good kicking.
We still can’t line up for a kill shot.
So, anyway, with that done and dusted, we move on to bigger, better, more dragon-shaped business within Dragon Soul. Which, to be fair to it, is a heck of a lot more interesting than Firelands was. There’s more variety of oddball tactics you need to use in order to win, the storyline is there (I do love the scripting, even though the fact that the Aspects are outclassed by ten random spods annoys me a little) and the loot is good.
That’s right folks, we have once again reached the point in the expansion where Blizzard have decided to give us all of the loot we could possibly choke on. I myself am now up to 6 characters able to make forays into LFR (another great feature – rage quitting a raid never felt so easily achievable!)
Importantly though, that means I have 6 characters to perform Transmogrification on. The fact that WoW has been essentially reduced to a big game of dress-up should make me feel more ashamed than I am, but so help me if I havent planned a full wardrobe for all my specs on all my characters already. Well played, Blizzard; I suspect that the old dungeons and raids will get quite a bit more traffic now. A quiet tip for all you amateur stock brokers out there – get some shares in Atlas Loot.
Dragonsoul progress has been rapid considering our performance on the previous two tiers of content; we’re currently 6/8. That would’ve been 7/8 but unfortunately our pets like attacking tentacles. Perhaps it’s an inbuild tendancy to OCD and they can’t leave just one up, or perhaps they have a malign intent. Either way, that last corruption kept going down.
Perhaps it didnt help that our entire tactics briefing went along the lines of “Don’t forget, pressing escape skips the cutscene. Kill some stuff, no, not that stuff.” There may also have been something about AoE-ing the adds down. I think it came up once or twice, anyway. Remember – knowing what you are meant to be doing before you do it is a massive increase to DPS, HPS and Tanking ability; it should be encouraged and fostered at every opportunity (note to self: perhaps publish a tactics blog on occasion to highlight crucial breakthroughs in our learning process, for the benefit of all. Or, at least, the benefit of my own insufferable smugness.)
Speaking of blogs, and by extension the guild, expect to see a few changes over the next couple of weeks or so. Due to a sadly unavoidable epidemic of Star Wars (which I’m told there’s a cream for), we’ve been reduced to what I’d call “low numbers”. Part of this means we’ve had to have a bit of a shake up – yours truly is now the illustrious guild master of this fine ship, and also its raid leader. Methinks Lu will continue to log on until Deathwing himself is forced to kick a very large, maelstrom-sized bucket, and then he’s off to make swooshy lightsabre sounds at mollified wookies.
That means we have a slightly different line up of officers for your perusal – Akai, Zaedria and Immortis are new to the team, whilst our resident pantsless Death Knight Aldrac returns to complete our quartet of questing quixotes. Look out for blogs from them (and more from myself) in the near future.
Well, with all these changes, we’re going to need more people. Wei Wu Wei is therefore recruiting indiscriminately! I say indescriminately, but I mean we’d ideally like you to have most, if not all, of the following qualities:
- You have Mumble
- You have a sensible approach to your gearing choices, whether you look it up, ask Some Guy or crunch the numbers yourself. Please note that we have no stance on what your gear actually looks like, as long as it doesn’t give our more delicate members nightmares (ask Immortis about his tanking gear).
- You have an up to date version of Deadly Boss Mods (found by typing Deadly Boss Mods into that search bar up there).
- You can raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 20.00 server and 23.30 server.
- You don’t mind a more relaxed stance to raid nights – we are very much about random natterings in mumble, funny stuff, and generally just pratting around having fun. The raiding is almost incidental, but everyone likes killing stuff and looting the corpse, right?
“But Glorim!” I hear you think, “If I chopped off my own leg and then ate it, would I still weigh the same?!”
Well, quiet you. I’m not here to answer your conundrums of philosophy – that’s Aldrac’s department – but I can tell you what we can offer you as a guild:
- Two nights of progress raiding a week.
- Friendly and experienced guidance on just about everything in the game from our heavily experienced members.
- Free bank repairs up to 500 gold/day, and more on heavy wipe nights.
- A relaxed, social and mature atmosphere in which to while away your time.
- Almost-completely-free enchants, food, gems, consumables and gubbins from our very well stocked guild bank.
- Opportunity to become a guild blogger and post your thoughts for literally tens of people to see!
- A chance to experience the majesty of Aldrac in his roleplaying gear – not to be missed!
If you are interested, either get in touch with us in game, or follow that link up in the top left to our forums, register, and fill in the application form. If you’re not sure if our playstyle and/or general demeanour is quite your thing but you’d like to have a look, please get in touch – most of us cap valour on a few characters a week, and we’re more than happy for the company whilst we’re stumbling into precarious situations whilst looking for the gift shoppe in Dragonblight.
No, seriously, I’m sure it was around here somewhere…